Sunday, November 06, 2005

Hi, My Name Is Kodiak


Hi, my name is Kodiak. You've probably heard all about me on my mommy's blog. She decided to start one for me:

1. because it would be interesting to have comparisions of my growing up all in one place; and

2. because conversations have become "Hey, how's Kodiak? He's getting so big ... (etc, etc ... until 5 minutes later) oh, and I hear that you both lost your jobs, your house burned down, you were in a car accident and you burnt your toast .. how are you?"

I'm a little Jack Russell / Heeler (? no one is sure ..) mix who was born in the shelter. I'm 11 weeks old and weigh just under 6 lbs. My human parents saw me at PetSmart last week and couldn't find it in them to leave me there.

So far I am settling in fairly well. Mommy and Daddy finally have taken their jaws off the floor over how I have only had one little accident in the house (and they are pretty sure it was because Daddy fell asleep one night and I didn't know how to tell him that I needed to go out). I'm pretty good on chewing and only fuss for about 5 minutes when I am put in my room (bathroom) or my crate. Sometimes, I just give a deep sigh and not even bother putting up a stink.

I went to the vet this week and do have a very common virus that I probably got at the shelter. I'm on medication and should be all better in a week.

Well, I have to go do what I do a lot of - NAP! I'll update you more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home